We make green building painless & profitable!
There’s never been a better time to build energy-efficient homes:
- With environmental certifications now included in the Northwest Multiple Listing Service, the data clearly shows that third-party-verified, certified homes sell faster and for more money;
- Cities like Seattle, Kirkland, and Redmond offer money-saving permitting incentives for certified projects;
- Buyers can increase their borrowing power using special financing options for new energy-efficient homes or improvements to current homes;
- Utilities are offering rebates and bonuses for energy efficiency measures in new homes;
- And there’s even a $2,000 per home Federal builder tax credit available for efficient homes!
Founded in early 2006, Green Dog is one of the most experienced green building consulting firms in the Puget Sound region. We’re the only verifier in the region to be honored with an award from the Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes program.
We’ve helped more than 60 clients certify over 250 projects, including production homes, apartment buildings, custom homes, and townhomes in locations from Shelton to San Juan. In addition to third-party verification for Built Green, ENERGY STAR Homes, and the NAHB Green Building Standard, we also offer HERS energy ratings – the growing national standard ‘miles per gallon’ score for homes.
By combining a marketing background with extensive technical expertise, we focus on finding solutions for our clients that help them save money and sell homes.
We’re available to provide clock-hour classes for your sales agents, customized training for your employees and subs, and web content and case studies to show off your ‘green cred.’ Give us a call at 206-883-6688 and let’s talk about how we can help you build to the fast-growing green market – and make money doing it!